When it’s grilling season, burgers are always a hit with family and friends. This recipe is designed with some bite and some spice. It’s sure to leave your guests asking for the recipe and asking “How’s my breath?”
This recipe pairs perfectly with this easy Homemade Buns recipe. So fire up the grill, gather your ingredients, and get ready to impress!
Dragon Breath Burgers
The beauty of this recipe is that you can tailor the spiciness of the burgers to fit your needs. Whether you prefer a mild heat or want to really feel the burn, this recipe can accommodate your spice level preferences.
2 pounds of ground beef
4-6 cloves of garlic (based on personal preference)
2 stalks of green onion, chopped
1/2 cup of Worschester Sauce
1/2 cup of pepper jack cheese, shredded or cubed
2 tsp of cumin
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 Tbsp dried basil
2 Tbsp onion flakes (optional)
1-2 jalapeño peppers, chopped (optional)
- Preheat grill
- Combine ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix
- Form about 3-1/2″ around and about 1″ thick and place on a cookie sheet (1/4lb patties make about eight burgers, and 1/3 patties make about six burgers) and chill until the grill is fully preheated
- Place burgers on the grill and cook to preference:
• Medium-Rare (warm with red center): about 6 min at 135°
• Medium (warm with pink center): about 7 to 8 min at 145°
• Medium-Well (hot with slightly pink center): about 9 min at 155°
• Well done (brown throughout): about 10 min at 165°
- Serve on a hamburger bun with your favorite fixings
- All ingredients are suggested and can be tailored to fit individual needs.
- The more lean the burger is, the more the burgers will shrink in size.
- This recipe was originally posted on WellRound.Guru by Mary Wallin. You can view the original recipe at www.wellrounded.guru/recipes/dragon-breath-burgers/