Flatbread is a staple for many cultures and it can be made in a variety of ways. From tortillas to naan, the fact that flatbread has very few ingredients is likely a reason for its popularity around the world.
Most flatbreads do not use yeast which keeps the recipe and food prep simple, not to mention easy and relatively quick compared to most baked goods.
Our flatbread recipe can be made with or without garlic and can be used as a sandwich wrap, pita bread, or even sub for a brat or hotdog bun! With garlic its great for curries and without garlic its tasty topped with jam or honey
However you decide to make it we’re sure you’ll be delight to have it with your next dish!
Perfect to go with sweet or use the option garlic variation for savory dishes. This flatbread is great for curries, wraps, or even as a snack by itself!
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
½ tsp ghost pepper-infused salt
Herbs de Provence (or any dry herbs that you would like)
6 Tblsp Greek Plain Yogurt
2 Tblsp olive oil
1 cup milk
3 cloves crushed garlic (optional)
- Combine all dry ingredients into a large bowl
- Make a well and add the yogurt, oil, milk, and garlic, stir until combined
- Knead until not sticky, adding flour as needed
- Cover and let sit for 30 minutes
- Flour a smooth service and roll out small balls of dough
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the balls of dough flat to your preferred thickness
- Pour olive oil into a frying pan and fry about 2 minutes on each side on medium heat