Here at Kilgus Farmstead we do custom meat processing. After you place an order with us we will contact you to confirm your order and cut preferences so that everything is to your liking.
The best part about a custom order is that you can get what you know you will use. If you don’t like roasts, have it ground instead; if you don’t need a lot of ground meat in bulk packages, have patties made.
Although ordering a large quantity of meat may seem intimidating with all the option, we’re here to help guide you through the process. Our knowledgable team members are happy to assist you and answer your questions. We aim to please and want to make sure that you get your cuts perfect!
General Order Outline
Below we have outlined both a quarter beef and half pork order which will give you an idea of the types of cuts included, packaging options, and general cost.
Keep in mind that the outline serves as a general ball-park idea of what you will get and that you may end up with more or less cuts depending on how you have the meat processed and the size of the animal.
The final purchase price of your order will include the cost of the meat PLUS the custom processing. Depending on how you have your meat processed, processing generally runs between $1.25-$1.50 per pound hanging-weight*.
*Hanging-weight refers to the weight of the animal before it is processed (de-boned, ground, etc) and does not reflect the actual weight of processed meat you end up with.
Quarter Jersey Beef Order
Beef is $2.55 per pound hanging-weight* which typically comes to about 125-175lbs for a quarter animal (keep in mind that this is hanging-weight which is different than what you will actually get for processed meat poundage.) — After processing, the total cost (animal plus processing) comes out to roughly $1350 for half beef and $675 for quarter beef.
What to Expect from a Quarter Beef Order
- 1-2 Arm Roasts
- 2-3 Chuck Roasts — the number of roasts depends on the size of the cut
- 4 pkg Ribeyes — 2 per package
- 1 Brisket — a quarter of the total brisket on the animal
- 1 Flank Steak
- 1 Sirloin Tip Roast
- 1 Rump Roast
- 3 Sirloin Steaks — 1 per package
- 2 pkg T-bones — 2 per package
- 2 pkg Porterhouses — 2 per package: you can either get T-bones/porterhouses or have it taken off the bone and get filets (which are very small) and New York strips
- 2 pkg Stew Meat
- 15-20 lbs Ground Beef — bulk in 1lb tubes
- 8-10 pkg Hamburger Patties — ¼lb patties = 8 patties per package OR 1/3lb patties = 6 patties per package
Additional Quarter Beef Notes & Options
- When you order a quarter beef you are not getting a front quarter or back quarter of the animal. Instead you are getting half of a half which is called a “split side” and makes for a more balance arrangement of cuts.
- You can keep all of the roasts as traditional cuts or have it ground if requested.
- Ground beef can be ordered in bulk packages and/or in patties. You can mix and match patties and bulk, however, you cannot mix and match hamburger patty size.
- If you order a half beef, quantities would be double what is listed above for quarter beef.
- Angus beef is available upon request. Call us for pricing and availability.
- Beef organs are only available on a limited basis with the purchase of a half beef. The organ weight is NOT figured into the hanging weight and therefore an additional cost.
Half Berkshire Pork Order
Pork is $2.20 per pound hanging-weight* which typically comes to about 100-150lbs for a half animal (keep in mind that this is hanging-weight which is different than what you will actually get for processed meat poundage.) — After processing, the total cost (animal plus processing) comes out to roughly $850 for whole hog and $425 for half hog.
What to Expect from a Half Pork Order
- 1 Loin OR Pork Chops— butterfly, bone-in, or American cut; you can specify cut thickness and/or how many per package
- 1 Tenderloin — only available if you are NOT getting bone-in chops
- Shoulder Roasts
- Baby Back Ribs
- Spare Ribs
- Cured Hams — curing adds significant cost to the overall pricing and is not recommended
Ground Pork options include:
- Ground Sausage — bulk 1lb tubes or 1.5lb sausage rope
- Ground Pork — bulk or patties
- Brats — regular or several flavor options
- Italian sausage — bulk in 1lb tubes or patties
Additional Half Pork Notes & Options
- If you keep the cuts (ie hams and roasts) there will be less ground pork.
- If you choose to have your cuts ground you will get between one to two choices of the ground pork options with any added flavoring. With any added flavoring, the minimum batch size is 25 pounds which equals 25 pounds of brats.
Have questions or want to place an order by phone?
Give us a call: 815-692-6080
Beef & Pork Large Quantity Order Inquiry Form
*Note: After you place your preorder we will contact you to confirm details and availability. Once your order is complete it will be held at the Kilgus Farmstead Country Store for pick-up. You will also receive an email copy of your preorder submission. Be sure to check your spam folder or give us a call if you haven’t heard back from us in one to two business days. Pick-up must occur within two weeks of processing or you will be charged a $25/week freezer storage fee.